renewal of vows
An intimate vow renewel ceremony deserves just as much style and personality as a traditional wedding. I have many ideas to add a personal touch to vow renewal ceremonies, and really enjoy hearing couple’s stories.
Renewal of vows.
When you are at a new stage in your life and love, it stands to reason that you want to celebrate! Whether you had limited time or money when you were first married or you or you want to celebrate a big wedding anniversary, a vow renewal is a great chance to reaffirm your love for each other.
You may wish to renew your for many reasons!
- You got married in an unromantic setting, e.g. a registry office, or eloped and missed out on a more traditional wedding experience. Now you’d love to have a celebration and renew your vows with family and friends.
- You have recently been separated or have gone through a rough spot in your marriage. Sometimes couples have such great differences that it seems as if a split is inevitable, yet you’ve pulled through and renewed your relationship.
- Milestones, like a 5, 10, 25 or 50 year anniversary. These big anniversaries are a great excuse for a celebration.
- Some couples, very rare I might add, renew their vows every year.
I’m happy to be of service to you, and love hearing your story, and building a ceremony to reflect your life and love together.
A renewal of your vows is not a legal ceremony. It is a symbolic, sentimental ceremony.
A license is not required and paperwork is not needed. Because a vow renewal isn’t a legally binding ceremony like a wedding is, virtually anyone you’d like can officiate at the ceremony: a clergy person, your children, a relative or close friends.
Many people, however, like to employ the services of a civil celebrant who can help craft a memorable stylish ceremony for you.
Basically, you can choose anywhere that has a sentimental meaning for both of you.
Sydney is resplendent with a gorgeous harbour, with many harbourside parks and beaches. Or you prefer to renew your vows at home. Some couples like a renewal at a restaurant, choosing a private room. Others choose a boat or mountaintop!
You’ll exchange vows, recalling what you said when you were first married. You could also write some new vows.
Many couples ‘tell a story’, creating a picture of the highlights of their shared lives over the years.
Planning the words for your ceremony is an opportunity to pause for thought, and express how you feel for each other, especially if the last time you exchanged vows was decades ago.
After you’ve both spoken, exchange rings. These can be your original bands with new engravings (perhaps the date of your vow renewal or a meaningful quotation) or new rings purchased expressly for the reaffirmation.
It’s lovely to include children, special friends, and relatives to contribute to the ceremony: playing music, doing readings, spreading petals etc..
An intimate renewal of vows ceremony deserves just as much style and personality as a traditional wedding.
under 40 guests $570 40+ GUESTS $670
UNDER 40 GUESTS $570
40+ GUESTS $670
- all meetings with me
- Selection of sample renewal ceremonies
- Selection of readings, rituals, music
- PA system & microphone for the ceremony if needed
- I arrive 30 minutes before your service
- Liaise with musicians, photographers and videographers if needed
- Perform a professional and elegant ceremony
Once you are my client, I look after you as I would a member of my own family. I’m open to any questions along the way!
Deposit fees required at time of booking $270/$370
Balance fees required 2 weeks prior to ceremony $300.00
Booking your celebrant may be one of the first things to do, to ensure your date. Please contact me to check my availability and we can arrange a meeting.